The Strengthening Personal Resilience programme
The purpose of this programme is to strengthen resilience in individuals.
The programme places personal resilience in the context of the workplace and explores the influences, techniques and approaches that help individuals develop and sustain personal control and resilience at work.
Its emphasis is on the prevention of stress with individuals taking responsibility themselves to approach challenging situations with robust attitudes so they remain resilient and also grow their resilience further.
The pack includes everything you need to deliver this programme as a six hour or three hour workshop and a one hour briefing.
Strengthening Personal Resilience Covers
The programme covers the following topics using discussion, theories and models of resilience and an extensive variety of activities and exercises to strengthen personal resilience:
- What does resilience mean?
- The process of being resilient.
- What is my current level of resilience – an assessment questionnaire.
- Why do I need to be resilient?
- How to strengthen personal resilience by strengthening personal control over oneself, over responses to events and over responses to people.
- Actions required to take this forward personally and professionally.
The learning outcomes from the programme are to:
- Understand why personal resilience is important.
- Understand the central characteristics of a resilient person.
- Discover the degree of resilience that is already established in the individual.
- Identify the threats and events of routine and exceptional daily working lives for which resilience is needed.
- Understand how to strengthen personal resilience.
- Understand how to embed the techniques and exercises into routine daily working lives.
What delegates say about the Strengthening Personal Resilience programme
“The programme is amazing and the potential benefits can be realised within the first 15 minutes of participation. I can highly recommend this.”
Senior Consultant in Public Health, Nottinghamshire County Council
“Firstly I want to say how much I enjoyed the course and have been telling everyone! I also feel that it has focused some questions in my mind in relation to the current managing attendance and the overall engagement /performance management agendas.”
Principal Health & Safety Adviser, The Personnel Office, IOM Government
“I really enjoyed this course and found the points/tools really helpful. I will use my toolbox and try and think differently about a situation and be positive.”
Senior Planning Officer, Local Authority
“I delivered a short presentation to some staff about resilience recently and it received a lot of favourable comments. My own personal resilience has definitely improved thanks to the course.”
Head of Faculty, Cumbernauld College following attendance at MAS Resilience Workshop
“I thoroughly enjoyed the (Resilience) Master class and have been really inspired by its contents! As a result I have got everyone in my little world talking about resilience and you may well have some more Master class participants coming your way as a result!”
Business Development Manager, Mind in Cambridgeshire